About this job
Job type: Permanent
Experience level: Junior
Industry type: Location Based Services, Mobile Application, Software Development
Company size: ~50 employees
Company type: Private
Location: Porto, Portugal
c++ machine learning algorithm
We are recruiting a Junior Software Engineer to work on the core engine that calculates the quickest route to any destination, on any device.
- Design routing features that will be used by millions worldwide
- Maintain and develop high performance code using C++
- Maintain and create efficient routing algorithms for various purposes (car, truck, pedestrian, etc)
- Work with other engineers and QA to deliver high quality routes to our customers
- Write clean code and tests
- Participate in design and code reviews
Requirements and Skills:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Strong understanding of graph algorithms and data structures
- Solid C++ programming skills and engineering know-how (and a desire to keep learning).
- Strong mathematical skills to create and improve complex algorithms
- Former experience in route planning or related domain is a plus (e.g. digital mapping, geographic information, transport networks)
- Free snacks
- Health insurance
We value people that are passionate to learn, so even if you don’t master all the skills described above and you are interested to work with us, feel free to apply.